Jodi Valenta founded Mile Creek Communications in 2006. She is a professional with 23 years of experience in natural resource conservation and all aspects of the development of marketing and communications campaigns. Her focus has been on outreach, public awareness and participation initiatives, several of which received awards or special recognition.
She earned a Master of Science degree in wildlife ecology and conservation from the University of Florida and has a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Syracuse University, with a minor in environmental studies.
Jodi has served on many boards, committees and task forces:
- Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies
- American Wildlife Conservation Partners
- Council for Wildlife Education
- Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation’s Marketing Task Force
- Core Concepts Working Group for Conservation Education
- North America’s Hunting Heritage Committee
- Becoming An Outdoors-Woman
- STEP OUTSIDE
- Public Lands Access Working Group
What colleagues have said about Jodi:
"Jodi is an expert at implementing marketing plans. Like most marketing professionals, she's tremendously creative. What sets her apart from others is the discipline and determination she brings to each project."
"In addition to her core values and professional nature, she is a lot fun and brings laughter and energy into the project."
For many years she owned and wrote the award-wining KidsDiscoverNature.com geared toward connecting children and families to nature. She is author of the forthcoming book Harness the Power of the Nature to Raise Happy, Healthy and Resilient Kids and has several other titles in the works.